What are the best shoes for walking?
The choice of comfortable walking shoes depends on a number of factors, such as the distance and location of the walk. Choose the best running shoe for high arches.
We will help you find the perfect match based on what is more important to you – comfort, distance, stylish look or walks in nature.
Do you walk a few kilometers every morning? Or do you regularly take long walks with a friend or pet? Do you need cushioning and flexibility, and you want to feel it from the first step?
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37: the best running shoes for every day. This shoe features a soft Zoom Air cushion in the forefoot and soft, cushioning React foam. They provide comfort, support, and fluidity of movement, day after day.
- Nike Free RN 5.0: Flexible outsole follows foot movements for a lightweight, barefoot feel. This shoe allows for better ground feel under your feet, making it ideal for short-distance walking.
- Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14: A shoe for those who want softness, cushioning, and comfort. Two cushioning systems (Zoom Air and React) create a springy feel with every step.
Left to right: Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 37, Nike Free RN 5.0, and Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14.
Do you often walk for serious distances (and sometimes at a fast pace)? You want effective, functional running shoes.
- Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit: Soft and bouncy. This is one of our most efficient cushioning systems. It is designed to absorb shock and provide comfort when walking over any distance.
- Nike CruzrOne: Designed specifically to cover long distances at a slow pace. A curved outsole provides a smooth foot movement. Made with React foam for cushioning and a soft liner so you can wear it without socks.
- Nike Zoom Fly 3: This shoe delivers unrivaled functionality as the carbon fiber instep converts pressure into momentum for your next stride.
Left to right: Nike React Infinity Run Flyknit, Nike CruzrOne, and Nike Zoom Fly 3.
Do you want people to look after you on the street? Be the center of attention on the track? Looking stylish when heading to the store? But at the same time feel as comfortable as possible?
- Nike Air Huarache: a living legend. They’re big. They are spectacular. And they have been renowned for their legendary comfort since their inception in 1991.
- Nike React Element 87 features a lightweight semi-sheer upper with a springy React cushioning midsole and outsole with eraser overlays for traction.
- Nike Air Max 720: The tallest Air unit provides added comfort with every step.
Left to right: Nike Air Huarache, Nike React Element 87, and Nike Air Max 720.
Are you not afraid of dirt and need a good grip for walking on trails? Do you like to spend time outdoors and you can always see traces of grass and earth on your sole?
- Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6: This model has everything you need for hiking in nature – extra protection from rocks and tree roots, effective traction for wet surfaces, and stabilization for improved balance.
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Trail: Want Your Favorite Running Shoe To Withstand The Rough Terrain Challenge? We took care of everything. The construction is complemented by perforated mesh for breathability and lugs on the outsole for improved traction.
- Nike Air Zoom Wildhorse 6: part running shoe, part hiking boot. Built for rough terrain, this shoe features Nike React cushioning, reinforced ventilation, and a durable traction outsole.
Left to right: Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6, Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Trail, and Nike Air Zoom Wildhorse 6.
DESIGN & MATERIALS
When choosing walking shoes on Nike.com, look at these materials to help you find the perfect pair for both optimal cushioning and protection from the elements.
- Zoom: Lightweight and cushioned for training and running.
- React: Soft and bouncy yet lightweight and durable for all-day comfort.
- Air: Maximum cushioning and resilience for superior comfort.
- Free: Minimal and flexible design for natural freedom of movement.
- Shield: Water-repellent material to keep the weather out of the way.
- Flyknit: Sock-like upper with a snug fit. Perfectly fits the foot.
- ACG: All Conditions Gear is equipment for all weather conditions.
SHOES FOR WALKING AND RUNNING SHOES
Some of our walking models are presented as running models but don’t panic. Our unique running innovations also work for walking. Despite varying speeds and levels of shock, walking and running are based on one basic movement: from heel to toe. Our running shoes are designed for maximum ride comfort and provide reliable support with every stride throughout the entire distance. Thus, both when walking and while running, you will definitely appreciate the main advantages of our models – comfort, support, and shock absorption. And, of course, their stylish design.
Most of our favorite walking shoes are available in both men’s and women’s sizes, and some are unisex. This size chart will help you understand how to convert men to women and unisex sizes.
FIT AND COMFORT
There is only one way to know which walking shoe is best for you. Put them on. Go out for a walk. Repeat. When it comes to testing fit and feel, there is no better way than to put on your shoes and walk around in them. Therefore, we offer 30 days of shoe testing. If you don’t like the sneakers, you can return them within 30 days for any reason. Even after a few full walks.